There is a measles outbreak in Auckland, with more than 126 confirmed cases this year. Don’t be a victim of this highly infectious illness which can be very serious. If you or anyone in your whanau is aged between 1 – 49 years and has not had one MMR vaccination, come get one FREE.
If you think you have measles, stay home and call your doctor or Healthline on 0800 611 116.
- Date: Saturday 29 June
- Time: 9.00am to 3.00pm
- Venue: Waitakere Union Health Centre, Waitakere Hospital grounds, Lincoln Road, Henderson
- Parking: on site, free
- Registration (preferred but not essential): https://whoozin.com/FQH-73A-AHAE-9MG3
This free community health initiative is provided by Primary Health Organisations: Comprehensive Care, National Hauora Coalition, ProCare.
Links to measles information:
- Auckland Regional Public Health Service (ARPHS): http://www.arphs.health.nz/public-health-topics/disease-and-illness/measles/
- ARPHS Quick guide to measles: http://www.arphs.health.nz/assets/Uploads/Resources/Disease-and-illness/Measles-Mumps-Rubella/Quick-guide-to-measles-20190619.pdf
- Ministry of Health: https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/conditions-and-treatments/diseases-and-illnesses/measles & https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/conditions-and-treatments/diseases-and-illnesses/measles/2019-measles-outbreak-information